SUMMER JOB POSTING
Position: Event Coordinator
Organization: Community Forests International www.forestsinternational.org
Location: Sackville, New Brunswick
Community Forests International is an start-up environmental NGO working in both Canada and Tanzania. In Canada we offer a sustainability workshop series, providing hands-on experiences in land-use and alternative living. We are seeking a enthusiastic and driven individual interested in ecology and cutting edge environmental issues. Please consider applying if you’re looking to gain skills in the not-for profit sector.
This job will consist of both office and field work; coordinating events and workshops and working with community members to strengthen a positive connection to the natural environment.
This position will facilitate workshops on restoration forestry, forest management for carbon offsets, backyard beekeeping, permaculture, organic gardening, horse-logging, native plant identification and use, native pollinators, and watercourse restoration; also including Acadian Forest biodiversity presentations and public engagement events.
- Coordinate facilities, materials and instructors for CFI’s Workshop Series
- Assist in education curriculum planning and co-hosting education and outreach events
- Assist in scheduling and organizing public engagement events
- Provide workshop information and facilitating registration for workshop participants.
- Provide clerical support as needed
- Participate preparation of work plans and budgets relating to the workshop series.
- Experience in environmental science, social science, geography, biology and international development.
- Experience coordinating events
- Strong written oral and communication skills
- Ability to be self-directed as well as a team player
- Ability to facilitate and organize volunteers and workshop participants
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work outdoors and handle some minor physical labor
All applicants must be registered in full-time in the previous academic year and must intend on returning to school full-time for the 2013-2014 academic year. Community Forests International encourages everyone to apply including those from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities and First Nations.
Wage: $12/hour, 35 hours/week
Number of weeks to be determined (ending August 31 2013)
To apply, please e-mail your resume and a brief covering letter to
or mail it to Community Forests International, 10 School Lane, Sackville, NB E4L 3J9
as soon as possible and not later than May 31, 2013.
No telephone calls, follow-up emails or agencies please.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.