International Partnership Officer
Organization: Community Forests Pemba
Department: Technical (Value Addition and Enterprise)
Location: Stone Town, Unguja Island, Zanzibar – Tanzania
Reports to: CFI Executive Director and CFP Executive Director
Details: Full-time, 1-year renewable contract
Salary: 33,000 EUR
Deadline to apply: This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
The International Partnership and Trade Officer will play a significant leadership role in helping grow the ethical and climate-smart horticulture trade in Zanzibar by building on existing partnerships and developing new relationships to increase overall investment and positive impact. As a key local focal point and liaison based full-time on the main island of Unguja, Zanzibar, the International Partnership and Trade Officer will work alongside an international executive team and local technical staff to implement a multi-year project funded by the European Union while pursuing additional complimentary growth opportunities for the organization.
- At least 5 years professional experience in similar role.
- Degree or diploma in business, marketing, or a related field with preference given to relevant horticulture, sales, or trade focus.
- Demonstrated entrepreneurship is a strong asset to this role.
- Relationship Building. Ability to engage and negotiate with a wide range of stakeholders to secure beneficial, lasting partnerships.
- Communication. Effectively explain complex concepts in simple, clear language and accurately interpret the ideas, information, and needs of others.
- Accountability. Holds self and others accountable for all decisions and interpersonal relationships while following through on commitments and focusing on those activities that have the greatest positive impact.
- Drive. Possess a high level of self-motivation and ability to work independently to accomplish critical tasks on deadline.
- Innovation and creative problem solving. Ability to develop new and better ideas or solutions that result in improvement of team performance or outcomes.
- Proficiency in digital applications including but not limited to Excel, Word, Power Point.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, with additional fluencies in other European languages and / or Swahili being an asset.
- Financial budgeting, forecasting, and tracking.
- Project design and management.
- Sales, marketing, and communications.
- Citizen or resident of the European Union, and/or ability to demonstrate freedom to travel between Tanzania and European Union member states to conduct work.
- No criminal record.
For the full job description, please click here: International Partnership & Trade Officer.
To apply, please send a cover letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV) outlining your experience as it relates to this job description to email@example.com with the subject heading International Partnership & Trade Officer.
Community Forests Pemba is committed to diversity in our work environment and we encourage applications from both women and men, young and old, and persons living inside and outside of Zanzibar. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
More About Community Forests Pemba
Community Forests Pemba is a Tanzanian non-governmental organization founded and headquartered on Pemba Island, Zanzibar which has been working with local partners and its international sister organization, Community Forests International, since 2008 to advance shared goals of social, economic, and ecological prosperity. Together we have planted over 3 million trees, innovated several new climate-smart technologies and enterprises, and demonstrated that the best solutions come directly from the people who need them most.