Unguja Zone Operations Manager
Organization: Community Forests Pemba
Department: Operations Management
Location: Stone Town, Unguja Island, Zanzibar – Tanzania
Reports to: CFP Executive Director and VIUNGO Project Manager
Details: Full-time, 1-year renewable contract
Salary: 50,000,000 TZS
Deadline to apply: This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
The Unguja Zone Operations Manager leads a team of expert technical staff in the delivery of day-to-day work activities to ensure smooth and efficient coordination of efforts and the achievement of a high volume and standard of operational outputs and outcomes. The Unguja Zone Operations Manager is a team leader, and like all great leaders will do whatever it takes to remove barriers to team success as they arise and ensure that technical staff can continuously raise the quality of their individual and collective impact.
The primary responsibility of the Unguja Zone Operations Manager will be to lead approximately ten technical staff on four integrated field teams to deliver complimentary work packages in climate-smart horticulture, nutrition, enterprise development, and finance within various wards and communities on Unguja Island.
To view the full job description, please click here: Unguja Zone Operations Manager.
- At least 5 years professional experience in an equivalent role or in roles which would prepare the applicant for the responsibilities of team leadership and operations management.
- First-hand working experience in the horticulture sector and direct delivery of technical supports to small scale producers or in roles which would provide the applicant with a deep understanding of the working realities of field officers.
- Experience in European Union (EU) supported projects or familiarity with equivalent regulations and reporting standards.
- Communication. Effectively explain complex concepts in simple, clear language and accurately interpret the ideas, information, and needs of others.
- Accountability. Holds self and others accountable for all decisions and interpersonal relationships while following through on commitments and focusing on those activities that have the greatest positive impact.
- Managing for results. Highly organized and able to design and implemenet processes that effectively manage people and resources to optimize overall operational performance, including encouraging growth and leadership across the team as a key success pathway.
- Risk mitigation. Knowledge of processes and techniques for assessing and controlling operational exposure to various risks and ability to apply this knowledge in response to diverse situations.
- Innovation and creative problem solving . Ability to develop new and better ideas or solutions that result in improvement of team performance or outcomes.
- Proficiency in digital applications including but not limited to Excel, Word, Power Point.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Swahili
To apply, please send a cover letter and Curriculum Vitate (CV) outlining your experience as it relates to this job description to email@example.com with the subject heading ‘Unguja Zone Operations Manager.’
Community Forests Pemba is committed to diversity in our work environment and we encourage applications from both women and men, young and old, and persons living inside and outside of Zanzibar. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
More About Community Forests Pemba
Community Forests Pemba (CFP) is a Tanzanian non-governmental organization founded and headquartered on Pemba Island, Zanzibar which has been working with local partners and its international sister organization, Community Forests International, since 2008 to advance shared goals of social, economic, and ecological prosperity. Together we have planted over 3 million trees, innovated several new climate-smart technologies and enterprises, and demonstrated that the best solutions come directly from the people who need them most.